Wednesday 14 January 2009

Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip - Thou Shalt Always Kill (New Version)

Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip Angles album, released on Sunday Best last year, showed that British hip hop could be innovative, fluid, funny, full of influences and occasionally dark. Unfortunately the album was much under rated and overlooked in the UK. Now Sunday Best are re-releasing the stand out single Thou Shalt Always Kill on 19th January, with a new version featuring Posdnuos (Kelvin Mercer) from De La Soul. Once again Pip delivers a comical and clever set of new spoken word commandments matched against Le Sac’s jelly like Atari bleeping laptop beats. Some classic new lines are thrown in right at the start. “Though shall not type LOL unless you are really laughing out loud,” we are lectured. Or try “Thou shall not think having a blog makes you a journalist.”

We never did Mr Pip. We never did.

You can buy the single here and watch the video below.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,
I noticed you were part of the Sweeping The Nation blog album poll... I was wondering if you want to swap links for blogrolls? :-) Let us know.

Luu
xxx

www.eyemaylisten.com

Breaking More Waves Blog said...

Hi Just had a look at your blog, glad you are liking Marina and the Diamonds, she's top notch and was one of Breaking More Waves 'One's to Watch' in our listings last year. Have you heard her 6 track demo CD ? Anyway I only list blogs I actually read, so I'll keep an eye on yours and if I'm enjoying it after a while I'll list it, but I don't list automatically as I need to get to know and love a blog first....