Wednesday 19 March 2014

Lykke Li - No Rest For The Wicked


Lykke Li is due to return with her third album in May 2014. We’re wondering if it’s already lining itself up for a place on our end of year list, after all her 2008 debut Youth Novels hit number 7 in our top 10 and the 2011 follow up Wounded Rhymes sneaked in at number 9.

Following the release of Love Me Like I’m Not Made Of Stone the first track to be heard from the album we get No Rest For The Wicked. It’s another piece of classic despondent pop, a modern power ballad of sorts with echoing drums and crystal-bright piano and finds Lykke Li singing despairingly how “I let my good one down, I let my true love die, I had his heart but I broke it every time.” On the basis of the lyrical content of this song, Lykke Li’s probably not one to invite round if you fancy a big old disco party, but if a melancholy night of low-spirits and emotional wretchedness is more your thing, then wallow in this lovely tune. 

Lykke Li’s third LP will be titled I Never Learn

Lykke Li - No Rest For The Wicked

No comments: