Tuesday 26 August 2014

Broods - Four Walls


With New Zealand’s Broods’ debut album out in some parts of the world (the rest of us will have to wait until 2015 it seems, unless you import it or are a bit dodgy and download it illegally) here’s another offering from it, and what a lovely get-the-tissues-ready-you-might-be-about-to-have-a-tear gem of intimacy it is. With Georgia singing lines like “you know I told you that I wasn’t scared, well I lied,” and “I’m trying not to make you love me, but I don’t want to try too hard,” you can be assured that this is pretty open and confessional stuff. We’re pretty certain that anyone who has heard a love song in their life and thought ‘that’s how I want to feel about somebody’ will relate to Four Walls – a lovely piano based ballad given a modern electronic pop sheen that deals with some of the complexities of the heart. Love isn't always that simple you know.

Broods - Four Walls

No comments: