Tuesday 12 January 2016

New Music: D/C - Bad Man


One of two new tunes that he’s uploaded to Soundcloud today, wonderboy D/C (real name Daniel Caplen) gets confessional with Bad Man, a song about his past wrong doings and how he wants to make things better in the future. The other song (which you can find using this link) is called All My Sins, so there’s a theme of repentance going on here. Bad Man combines gospel, a gritty soul and a delightful pop sensibility with some blunt honest words. “I went to church but it made me feel worse,” he sings regretfully before admitting later he found some solace in another sort of heaven: “I used the bottle to sink all my trouble and hope that I don’t recollect.” Out of trouble comes some good though; I like it a lot. I hope you do as well.

D/C - Bad Man

No comments: