Friday 20 January 2017

New Music: The Gift - Clinic Hope


I’m not really one for analysing the detailed technical aspects of music, it sucks the enjoyment out for me. I’m more for how songs make me feel than anything else. However, I am reliably informed by those in the know that this cracking new tune from Portugal’s The Gift pulses at a full throttle rate of 189 beats per minute.

It's probably that frenetic pace of Clinic Hope that thrills me with excitement whenever I press play, in the same way that some people get an adrenaline rush from hurtling along a road at illegally fast speeds or being thrown into g-force situations on rollercoasters. Whatever it is, this whipped up carousel of joy makes me feel great, and I hope it does for you to. It’s the kind of song that anyone can dance to, because it’s far too fast to move to in any sort of stylish way, hence knocking out the good dancers. I’ve tried the ‘running on the spot very quickly’ dance routine, which I find works quite nicely, especially if I add in a bit of  'arms punching wildly to the side' for variety and some air-synth fingers when the jaunty keyboard solo kicks in halfway through the song.

Warning: If you have a heart condition, make sure you’re fully relaxed before you start listening. Go!

The Gift - Clinic Hope


No comments: