Wednesday 13 September 2017

New Music: Bloxx - Coke


Fresh out of the box, or maybe quickest off the blocks, on this blog, is the new song from Bloxx. (Sorry… I just couldn’t help myself). A good old fashioned indie rocker that’s essentially a bunch of kids plugging in their guitars, making some noise, hitting some drums hard and singing a rather pleasant tune over the top of it. Originally released through Bandcamp over a year ago, Coke is now out there streaming on all amazing music websites. And this one.

What I like about the handful of songs I’ve heard so far from Bloxx is that their songs don’t sound too try hard – they sound like they’re just doing what they want to do without a sh*te about if it’s cool or on-point. In that way they remind me a little of early Wolf Alice. There is, dare I say it, an honesty about Bloxx that I like. 

Bloxx will be out on tour this autumn with dates supporting Sundara Karma and INHEAVEN, so if you’re going to see either, get there early.

Bloxx - Coke

No comments: