Tuesday 17 October 2017

New Music: Keir - Squeeze Me


It’s not often that a song features on Breaking More Waves twice, so when it does you know that it’s something bloody special to me. Keir’s astonishing tour de force Squeeze Me first came to my attention by way of a Maida Vale Session video that I posted in January. It got me swearing like a trooper excitedly about the man’s raw impassioned delivery and performance. “This guy is a star.” I thought.

Of course, it was just one track and one video. But having now seen Keir live and in the flesh I can confirm he is the real deal. He might have only been playing a small stage at Glastonbury but the intensity and beauty of his show made me think that he had all the potential to play the Pyramid stage one day. He owned the place like a true rock opera star.

Keir is making music totally out of time and out of place with everything else that’s in fashion right now, but don’t damn him because of it. The weighty emotional punch of his sound and his expressive quality transcend the zeitgeist. 

Now (finally) Squeeze Me is getting an official release. I’m pleased to say the recorded version doesn’t let him down. It's been worth the wait. Keir is staggeringly good.

Keir - Squeeze Me


No comments: